Sound Card Museum
This is not finished. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but a project of this magnitude
absolutely dictates that I have the object structure properly planned and implemented, so you're
just going to have to wait until I get it up and running.
The musuem is currently planning on including the following information about
each sound card (forgive the notation, it's a reminder to myself):
Keep everything in the zopeDB. Project too small to be SQL.
Editing can be made easy if you tack on "/manage" to any incomplete objects.
- platform (ibm pc, apple, genesis, etc.)
- type (synth, digi, wavetable-based MIDI, muliple, other?) (come to think of it, these should all be individual boolean properties)
- intended purpose (speech synthesis, gaming, music composition) (same, so that "multiple" can be inferred)
- Example sound clips
- Programming information
- Software (drivers, utils, etc.)
- Recommended games/programs (and why)
- Marketing (magazine ads, sierra letters, include promo clips of adlib, multisound, gravis)
- Opinion (what I personally think of the card, memories, whether it got a bad rap, etc.)
[Copyright and Usage]
This page's content was last modified on Dec 3, 2006 4:57 pm.
If anything here has helped you, please consider donating to help keep this site alive.